i did not catch this fish. it did however, eat my fly.
when i set the hook there was a second of tension which abruptly turned to slack… and not for all the reasons that initially come to mind. the loop on my fly line broke… it was like getting a wedgie followed by a kick in the sack. as i watched my fly and leader slowly hover back to the surface it felt as if i’d hit slow motion on the day. i told the dude i was with to hit the same spot. he did. he was rewarded with a handsome specimen of a tiger muskie. this fish must brush and floss twice a day cause his canines were just as purty as the aerial show he put on once the thing that he tried to swallow bite him back.
notice my boga punched a hole through his lip. boga jaws aren’t small and once they are through, any real thrashing only make such a hole bigger. this has happened to me before with pike. i do not like this.
so i have two things i’ll be reconsidering, making loops like this and my ol’ boga.
- ohmyvirginears reblogged this from dawnpatrolflyfishing
- dylantreece likes this
- sinnerboyblues likes this
- fishingporn reblogged this from urbananglerjournal
- kcowyo likes this
- theflyshutter likes this
- bigcreekfly said:Idk if this is helpful in the least, but I’ve been looking at getting one of these: thefishgrip.net Worst case if it sucks, at least it’s cheap.
- urbananglerjournal reblogged this from dawnpatrolflyfishing
- urbananglerjournal likes this
- dawnpatrolflyfishing posted this